- Developing a new EU internal security strategy.
- Advancing measures to prevent and respond to terrorism and prosecute those responsible, including with strong enforcement and implementation of legislation.
- Stepping up cooperation on law enforcement, with a particular look at Europol’s mandate.
- Ensuring proper implementation of laws on the interoperability of EU information systems and improve cross-border cooperation between law enforcement authorities.
- Progressing on the EU Internet Forum, to bring together internet platforms and authorities to counter hate speech and terrorist content online.
A fresh start on migration
- Developing a New Pact on Migration and Asylum, strengthening external borders, reforming asylum, readmission and return rules, promoting integration and ensuring real legal pathways to the EU, by resettling those in need of international protection and offering job opportunities to skilled workers.
- Developing a more sustainable, reliable and permanent approach to search and rescue.
- Stepping up the fight against human traffickers and smugglers, breaking their business models.
- Implementing a reinforced European Border and Coast Guard Agency, to help secure strong external borders.
- Ensuring a fully functioning Schengen Area of free movement with full implementation of Schengen rules, looking at improvements and further expansion.
European Parliament hearings
Ylva Johansson's team supports her in her daily work
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Johansson
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Johansson
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - presentEuropean Commissioner for Home Affairs
- 2014 - 2019Minister for Employment and Integration, Sweden
- 2010 - 2014Member of the Riksdag, Deputy Chair, Committee on the Labour Market
- 2006 - 2010Member of the Riksdag, Deputy Chair, Committee on Health and Welfare
- 2004 - 2006Minister for Health and Elderly Care
- 2000 - 2004Deputy Managing Director and Managing Director, Att Veta AB
- 1998 - 1999Senior Advisor, Telia Business Innovation
- 1994 - 1998Minister for Schools