Address: Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200, 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- Setting the strategic direction of the political priority "Europe Fit for the Digital Age".
- Chairing the Commissioners’ Group on a Europe Fit for the Digital Age
- Commissioner for Competition.
- Co-leading on a strategy on small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups and a long-term strategy for the EU's industrial future, including competition aspects.
- Ensuring synergies between civil, defence and space industries.
- Coordinating work on a European strategy on data and on a European approach to artificial intelligence, including its human and ethical implications.
- Steering work on upgrading liability and safety rules for digital platforms, services and products as part of a new Digital Services Act, ensuring working conditions of platform workers are properly addressed.
- Coordinating the Commission's work to achieve fair digital taxation.
- Strengthening the enforcement of, and reviewing, EU competition rules.
- Ensuring swift agreement on, and full implementation of, the future Horizon Europe programme.
- Ensuring investment flows for disruptive research and breakthrough innovations, including through the European Innovation Council.
- Developing the European Research Area in cooperation with Member States.
- Ensuring integration between research and economic priorities.
- Downloaddansk(405.7 KB - PDF)
European Parliament hearings
Margrethe Vestager's team supports her in her daily work.
Participates in the fourth meeting of the EU-US Trade & Technology Council
- Lulea, Sweden
- Margrethe Vestager
Participates as keynote speaker in the International Festival of Economics in Turin
- Margrethe Vestager
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Executive Vice-President Vestager
- Meetings with the Executive Vice-President's Cabinet
- Missions of Executive Vice-President Vestager
No information is published on meetings taking place in the context of antitrust (including cartels), merger control or state aid procedures. This is in accordance with the relevant Commission decision.
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - presentExecutive Vice-President for A Europe Fit for the Digital Age and Competition, European Commission
- 2014-2019Commissioner for Competition, European Commission
- 2011-2014Minister for Economic Affairs and the Interior, Denmark
- 2007-2014Political Leader of the Social Liberal Party, Denmark
- 2011-2014Member of Parliament, Denmark
- 2000-2001Minister for Education, Denmark