- Leading the Commission’s work on the European Green Deal and its aim to become the first climate-neutral continent by 2050.
- Delivering on the EU’s climate target to reduce emissions by at least 55% by 2030, ensuring that all economic sectors contribute to the efforts.
- Leading international climate negotiations on behalf of the European Union.
- Coordinating work on the Just Transition Fund, to support EU regions that face the steepest path to climate neutrality.
- Overseeing implementation of the Biodiversity Strategy to help tackle the biodiversity crisis, including by protecting and restoring nature across the EU, reducing the use of chemical pesticides, and planting 3 billion trees.
- Coordinating work on a zero-pollution future, covering air, water, noise, and chemical pollution.
- Overseeing implementation of the Farm to Fork strategy for sustainable food systems, covering every step from production to consumption, to reduce the pressure our food systems put on climate and environment and answer to consumers’ growing demand for sustainable food.
- Progressing on the circular economy, including by reducing unnecessary packaging, promoting reuse, and requiring that all products on the EU market are made to last, repairable, recyclable and made as much as possible of recycled materials.
- Bringing together Europeans taking action for climate and environment via the European Climate Pact.
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Executive Vice-President Timmermans
- Meetings with the Executive Vice-President's Cabinet
- Missions of Executive Vice-President Timmermans
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - 2023European Commission Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal
- 2014-2019First Vice-President of EU Commission, in charge of Better Regulation, Inter-Institutional Relations, Rule of Law, Charter of Fundamental Rights
- 2012-2014Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands
- 2010-2012Member of the Dutch Parliament, Partij van de Arbeid
- 2007-2010Minister of European Affairs, The Netherlands
- 1998-2007Member of the Dutch Parliament, Partij van de Arbeid
- 1995-1998Senior Advisor and Private Secretary to High Commissioner on National Minorities of the OSCE Max van der Stoel
- 1994-1995Staff member for EU Commissioner Hans van den Broek