Email: cab-sefcovic-contactec [dot] europa [dot] eu (cab-sefcovic-contact[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)
Adress: Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200, 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- Leading the Commission’s work on the European Green Deal and its aim to become the first climate-neutral continent by 2050.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the agreed 2030 emission reduction target and a coordinated preparation of the 2040 target.
- Intensifying the dialogue with industry and key stakeholders like forest owners and farmers on the European Green Deal.
- Lead the work to strengthen clean industrial innovation and competitiveness.
- Coordinating the speeding up of the energy transition, including by upgrading our grids and infrastructure.
- Coordinating the work to increase access to Critical Raw Materials and on strengthening the circular economy.
- Accelerating, together with the Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, the deployment of the Just Transition Fund.
- Protecting our biodiversity by ensuring biodiversity priorities are mainstreamed across all policy areas, notably trade, industry, agriculture and maritime affairs. Ensuring the implementation of the Biodiversity Strategy for 2030.
- Coordinating the ongoing work on our zero-pollution and resource efficiency ambition.
- Coordinating the work on reducing the carbon footprint of our transport sector, notably of heavy duty vehicles, and ensuring the blue economy contributes to decarbonisation.
- Leading on inter-institutional relations, better policymaking and strategic foresight.
- Ensuring the Framework Agreement between the Commission and Parliament is respected.
- Implementing the Inter-institutional Agreement on Better Lawmaking.
- Coordinating work on better regulation, ensuring Commission proposals respect subsidiarity and proportionality, and developing the 'One in, One out' principle to reduce red tape.
- Reducing unnecessary administrative and reporting obligations by 25%.
- Steering work to develop the annual Commission Work Programme.
- Leading inter-institutional discussions on annual and multi-annual planning.
- Producing the yearly Foresight Report to improve priority-setting, underpinned by forward-looking actions in policymaking.
- Coordinating the Commission’s work on the European Battery Alliance.
- Contributing to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Coordinating the Commission's work on parliamentary resolutions requesting legislative proposals.
- Overall responsibility for relations with national parliaments, advisory bodies and the European Ombudsman.
- Chairing the REFIT/'Fit for the Future' Platform of Member States and other stakeholders to look at improving existing EU legislation.
- Representing the Commission at the EU General Affairs Council and in discussions on cross-cutting issues in the European Parliament.
- Co-chair and represent the European Union in the Partnership Council, established by the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement
- Relations with Andorra, Iceland, Monaco, Norway, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Switzerland
European Parliament hearings
Maroš Šefčovič's team supports him in his daily work.
Maroš Šefčovič delivers a keynote speech at the Solar Impulse Foundation event on ‘Europe 3.0 – Modernise to Thrive’
Maroš Šefčovič receives Ester Baiget, President and CEO of Novozymes
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Executive Vice-President Šefčovič
- Meetings with the Executive Vice-President's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2023 - presentEuropean Commission Executive Vice-President for European Green Deal, Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight
- 2019 - 2023European Commission Vice-President for Inter-institutional Relations and Foresight
- 2014-2019European Commission Vice-President for the Energy Union and EU Space Policy
- 2010-2014European Commission Vice-President for Inter-Institutional Relations and Administration
- 2009-2010European Commissioner for Education, Training, Culture and Youth
- 2004-2009Permanent Representative of Slovakia to the EU
- 1999 - 2002Ambassador of Slovakia to Israel
- 1992 - 1995Deputy Head, Czech and Slovak Federal Embassy to Canada
- 1991-1992Consul, Czech and Slovak Federal Embassy, Zimbabwe