Email: cab-mcguinness-contactec [dot] europa [dot] eu (cab-mcguinness-contact[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)
Address: Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200, 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- Preserving and improving financial stability, protecting savers and investors and ensuring the flow of capital to where it is needed.
- Leading the work on completing the Banking Union, notably by finalising the common backstop to the Single Resolution Fund and agreeing on a European Deposit Insurance Scheme.
- Expediting the work on the Capital Markets Union to diversify sources of finance for companies and tackle the barriers to the flow of capital.
- Developing further the green financing strategy to support the implementation of the European Green Deal.
- Proposing a FinTech Strategy to support new digital technologies in our financial system.
- Developing a new private-public fund specialising in initial public offerings for small and medium enterprises.
- Developing a new, comprehensive approach to fighting money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities.
- Ensuring a common approach with Member States on cryptocurrencies.
- Securing Europe’s resilience to extraterritorial sanctions by third countries, including by proper enforcement of sanctions imposed by the EU.
European Parliament hearings
Mairead McGuinness' team supports her in her daily task
- 28 February 2024
- 26 February 2024
Remarks by Commissioner McGuinness at the plenary debate on the European Parliament's report on the European Central Bank's Annual Report
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner McGuinness
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner McGuinness
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2020 - presentEuropean Commissioner for financial services, financial stability and Capital Markets Union
- 2017 - 2020First Vice-President of the European Parliament
- 2014-2017Vice-President of the European Parliament
- 2004 - 2020Member of the European Parliament
- 2004-2020Member of Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, European Parliament
- 2009-2020Member of Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, European Parliament
- 2013-2014Vice-Chair, EPP Group, European Parliament
- 2002 - 2004Chair, Consumer Liaison Panel, Department for Agriculture and Food, Ireland
- 1980 - 2004Journalist, broadcaster and commentator