- European Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Strengthening the Emergency Response Coordination Centre as the EU’s single operational crises response hub.
- Securing the EU Civil Protection Mechanism – rescEU is used to its full potential.
- Coordinating work on better prevention and preparedness for emergencies by supporting Member States develop disaster risk strategies and improve access to early warning systems.
- Supporting countries most exposed to climate change to adapt and boost their resilience based on the expertise and knowledge of Europe’s humanitarian aid work following natural disasters.
- Promoting and developing an integrated approach to crises so that policies address urgent relief and longer-term solutions.
- Advocating globally in support of international humanitarian law.
European Parliament hearings
Janez Lenarčič's team supports him in his daily work
Commissioner Lenarčič in Ljubljana, Slovenia: takes part as a high-level panellist at the first Slovenian Humanitarian Forum; attends a ceremony of a rescue engine being donated to Ukraine by the Slovenian government.
Commissioner Lenarčič in Strasbourg, France: meets Mr Ilia Darchiashvili, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Georgia.
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Lenarčič
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Lenarčič
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - presentEuropean Commissioner for Crisis Management
- 2016-2019Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Slovenia to the EU, Brussels
- 2014-2016State Secretary for European and Foreign Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister, Ljubljana
- 2008-2014Director of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR), Warsaw
- 2006 - 2008State Secretary, Head of the Government Office for European Affairs, Ljubljana
- 2003 - 2006Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Slovenia to the OSCE, Vienna