- Ensuring strong commitment on long-term climate-neutrality and Fit for 55 objectives continues, using all of the tools at our disposal.
- Working on climate awareness and change in behaviour and production processes.
- Ensuring that the European Climate Law is consistently implemented.
- Leading international climate negotiations.
- Improving preparedness for climate-related risks in the EU.
- Guiding preparations for developing a 2040 climate target.
- Ensuring the implementation of the legislative instruments on climate, and facilitate the adoption of the remaining co-legislative climate files.
- Overseeing the work of the Innovation Fund, aiming to bring to the market industrial solutions to decarbonise Europe and support the transition to climate neutrality.
- Intensify efforts on carbon capture, usage and storage.
- Bringing together Europeans taking action for climate via the European Climate Pact.
Wopke Hoekstra's team supports him in his daily work
- 20 February 2024
- 6 February 2024
Press remarks by Executive Vice-President Šefčovič and Commissioners Simson and Hoekstra on the Communications on a recommended emissions reduction target for 2040 and Industrial Carbon Management
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Wopke Hoekstra
- Meetings with the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Wopke Hoekstra
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version will be published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2023 - presentEuropean Commissioner for Climate Action
- 2022 - 2023Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Prime Minister
- 2017 – 2022Minister of Finance
- 2011-2017Member of the Senate
- 2006-2017McKinsey & Company; partner since 2013
- 2002-2004Commercial positions at Shell