- launching Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan to help improve cancer prevention and care
- exploring ways to ensure Europe has enough affordable medicines to meet its needs
- supporting the European pharmaceutical industry as an innovator and world leader
- ensuring effective implementation of EU legislation on medical devices
- supporting Member States in improving the quality and sustainability of health systems
- creating a European Health Data Space to promote health-data exchange and support research, ensuring citizens have control over their own personal data
- maximising the potential of e-health for high-quality healthcare and reducing inequalities
- ensuring full implementation of the European One Health Action Plan against Antimicrobial Resistance and working towards a global agreement on antimicrobials
- improving communication on the sustainability of food products and health, especially on vaccination
- leading the new ‘Farm to Fork’ strategy for sustainable food, which will cover every step in the food chain from production to consumption
- upholding EU safety standards on food imports, developing a strategy to counter food fraud.
- ensuring enforcement of animal welfare laws, reviewing the current strategy and promoting European standards globally
- making sure Europe is equipped to prevent and fight transmittable animal diseases.
- ensuring enforcement of EU laws on food safety and animal and plant health
- leading on work to protect plant health, reduce dependency on pesticides and support low-risk and non-chemical alternatives
European Parliament hearings
Stella Kyriakides's team supports her in her daily work
Ms. Stella Kyriakides receives the United States Commissioner of Food and Drugs, Mr Robert M. Califf
- Stella Kyriakides
Ms. Stella Kyriakides in Rzeszów, Poland: meets with Minister of Health of Ukraine Mr Viktor Liashko; meets with Minister of Health of Poland Ms Izabela Leszczyna; visits the Jasionka Medevac Hub
- Rzeszów, Poland
- Stella Kyriakides
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Kyriakides
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Kyriakides
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - presentEuropean Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
- 2006 - 2019Member of the House of Representatives of the Republic of Cyprus
- 2013 - 2019Vice President of the Democratic Rally Party (DISY)
- 2012 - 2019Head of Cyprus Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE)
- 2019Vice President of the European Peoples Party (EPP) at PACE
- 2019Member of the EPP Ethics Committee
- 2018 - 2019PACE representative to the European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission)
- 2018Acting President of EPP at PACE
- 2017 - 2018President of PACE
- 2017 - 2019President of the National Committee on Cancer Strategy
- 2004 - 2006President of the European Breast Cancer Coalition Europa Donna
- 1979 - 2006Clinical Psychologist, Ministry of Health, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- 1977 - 1978MED in Maladjustment, University of Manchester, UK
- 1974 - 1977BA in Psychology, University of Reading, UK