Email: cab-varhelyi-contactec [dot] europa [dot] eu (cab-varhelyi-contact[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)
Address: Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200, 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- Strengthening relations with the EU’s neighbouring countries.
- Ensuring a credible European Union perspective for the Western Balkans, including progressing on the accession process, such as through merit-based country assessments.
- Supporting proposals on opening enlargement negotiations with the Republic of North Macedonia and the Republic of Albania.
- Speeding up structural and institutional reforms in the Western Balkans, with a strong focus on the rule of law, economic development and public administration reforms.
- Promoting good neighbourly relations and the resolution of bilateral disputes within the Western Balkans region.
- Working closely with Turkey as a key EU partner and addressing common challenges, together with the High Representative/Vice-President.
- Strengthening relations with the Eastern Partnership countries and introducing new long-term policy objectives for the Eastern Partnership.
- Speeding up implementation of the Association Agreements and Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Areas with Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova, making full use of the Support Group for Ukraine.
- Reviewing priorities and Association Agendas with each partner, setting clear objectives for reforms and economic development.
- Promoting good governance, environmental protection, the fight against corruption, the rule of law and respecting the role of independent media and civil society.
- Exploring a comprehensive partnership to manage effective migration and support economic growth and jobs.
- Optimising EU financial instruments, including through innovative approaches to financial support and public–private partnerships.
- Ensuring coordination of relations with the European Economic Area, in consultation with the High Representative/Vice-President.
- Representing the Commission in the EU Foreign Affairs Council and coordinating the presence of other Members of the College as required.
European Parliament hearings
Olivér Várhelyi's team supports him in his daily work
Mr Olivér Várhelyi receives Deputy Prime Minister for European Integration of Moldova, Ms Cristina Gherasimov
Mr Olivér Várhelyi receives Ambassador of Israel, Mr Haim Regev and Israeli families of hostages
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Várhelyi
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Várhelyi
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019 - presentCommissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement/Member of the European Commission
- 2015 - 2019Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Hungary to the EU
- 2011-2015Deputy Permanent Representative of Hungary to the EU
- 2008-2011Head of Unit on Industrial Property Rights, Directorate-General for Internal Market and Services, European Commission
- 2006-2008Head of the European Union Law Department, Ministry of Justice, Hungary
- 1998-2001Head of Cabinet, Head of the Legal Unit, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cabinet of the Deputy Head of the State Secretary for Integration, Hungary