Email: cab-borrell-fontelles-contactec [dot] europa [dot] eu (cab-borrell-fontelles-contact[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)
Address: Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200, 1049 Brussels, Belgium
- Commission Vice-President in charge of coordinating the external action of the European Union.
- Coordinating the external dimension of the work of the Commissioners, improving the link between internal and external aspects of the Commission’s policies.
- Chairing the Commissioners’ Group on a Stronger Europe in the World.
- Promoting the EU as a global leader, working to strengthen the EU’s capacity to act autonomously and promote its values and interests globally.
- Helping the EU to take decisions in a faster and more efficient way.
- Progressing towards a European Defence Union, ensuring coherence and consistency in the Commission’s work linked to defence.
- Ensuring external financial instruments are used strategically, contribute to the EU’s wider political aims and enhance Europe’s leadership and influence in the world.
Blog by Josep Borrell on his activities and European foreign policy. Also features interviews, op-eds, and selected speeches and videos.
European Parliament hearings
Josep Borrell Fontelles's team supports him in his daily work.
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with High Representative / Vice-President Borrell
- Meetings with the High Representative / Vice-President's cabinet
- Missions of High Representative/Vice-President Borrell
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
- 2019-presentHigh Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the Commission for a Stronger Europe in the World
- 2018-2019Minister of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and Cooperation, Spain
- 2013-2016Jean Monnet Chair of European Economic Integration, Complutense University of Madrid
- 2010-2012President of the European University Institute, Florence
- 2007-2009Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Committee on Development
- 2004-2007President of the European Parliament
- 1986-2003Member of the Parliament of Spain
- 1991-1996Minister of Public works, Transport, Telecommunications and the Environment
- 1984-1991State Secretary for Treasury
- 1982-1984Secretary-General for Budget and Public Expenditure